Digital Narratives — Preparation
Part One: Research, Explore, Learn
- Research the topic(s) associated with your narrative, using scholarly and popular resources, as appropriate. Refer to our Topic Lens page for help narrowing your narrative’s focus.
Part Two: Outline/StoryBoard/Plan
- Storyboarding is the first step towards understanding sound and images. It is the plan or blueprint that will guide decision-making about images, video, and sound. Simple storyboards will just have room for images/video and the script.
Part Three: Gather, Create, Modify
- Collect/Index Media associated with your narrative (e.g. images, maps, documents) and store it in one folder. Remember also to keep track of web-based resources during the course of your research for easy recall when the time comes to construct your narrative.
- Create graphics, videos, photographs—as appropriate—to use with your narrative.
- Modify items (if permitted) to fit with your narrative.
Part Four: Create Your Narrative
Refer to our Digital Narratives Guide and How to Guide to get started.